Archive

Tag Archives: sexual crime

Neo-Nazi Martyn Gilleard has been found guilty of making bombs for a far-right terrorist campaign, after having previously admitted downloading thousands of images of child sexual abuse.

Police initially searched Gilleard’s flat in Goole, East Yorkshire, in connection with child pornography offences.

But once inside the 31-year-old’s home, they discovered not just evidence of a paedophile, but the equipment of a potential terrorist as well.

Officers found machetes, swords, bullets, gunpowder and racist literature. Most sinister of all were four home-made nail bombs stashed under his bed.

He wrote of starting a “racial war” and murdering Muslims, but Martyn Gilleard boasted that he was no “barstool nationalist”.

‘Distressing images’

And a jury has decided he truly did want to put his white supremacist views into action.

At the opening of his trial at Leeds Crown Court, Gilleard admitted 10 counts of child pornography offences. Officers had discovered more than 39,000 indecent images of children on his computer.

After sentencing, Ch Insp Chris Kelk, of Humberside Police, said: “The images include some of the most disturbing my team and I have ever seen and by admitting his crimes it has prevented the images being seen by jury members.”

Ch Insp Kelk commended his team for their professionalism despite the “distressing nature” of the images.

Jurors considering the terror charges did not learn of this until they delivered their verdict.

‘Potentially lethal’

Gilleard, a forklift truck driver from Goole, East Yorkshire, admitted to police and the court that he had held racist views.

At the time of his arrest he was a paid-up member of the National Front, the White Nationalist Party and the British People’s Party – all opposed to multiculturalism.

His computer password was Martyn1488 – the 14, according to prosecutor Andrew Edis QC, being a reference to the far-right’s “14 words” slogan, “We must secure the existence of our race and the future for white children.”

The 88, Mr Edis added, represented the eighth letter of the alphabet – an abbreviation for “Heil Hitler”.

But Gilleard was not simply a passive crank, the court was told.

In a notebook recovered by police, Gilleard wrote that the “time has come to stop the talk and start to act”.

“Unless we the British right stop talking of racial war and take steps to make it happen, we will never get back that which has been stolen from us,” he added.

“I am so sick and tired of hearing nationalists talk of killing Muslims, of blowing up mosques, of fighting back, only to see these acts of resistance fail to appear.”

In another note, he wrote that he wanted to see “reds” – left-wing activists – attacked with “lightning strikes” and “home-made grenades”.

His comments were a chilling echo of far-right nail bomber David Copeland, jailed for life for murder after attacks targeting London’s gay community and ethnic minorities in 1999.

By the time police raided his flat, Mr Edis said, Gilleard’s preparations for this impending conflict had already been well under way.

Officers had discovered the four nail bombs under a bed along with “potentially lethal bladed weapons”, 34 bullets for a .22 calibre firearm, and printouts from the internet about committing acts of terrorism, Mr Edis told the court.

These had included instructions on how to make a bomb and how to poison someone, he added.

Gilleard had already pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to possessing 34 cartridges of ammunition without holding a firearms certificate.

Offensive weapon

But he denied that he had intended to hurt anyone with the nail bombs, arguing in court that he had only assembled them to give himself something to do.

When asked why he made the devices, he said: “I’d had a couple of cans. I was just sat around bored.”

The jury, however, decided that he had more sinister purposes in mind.

After the raid on Wednesday 31 October 2007, Gilleard fled to the home of his half-brother in Dundee, Tayside. Police caught up with him after a three-day manhunt.

Detectives who interviewed his work colleagues were told that he had expressed racist views to them. The police also recovered a high-visibility jacket belonging to Gilleard that had been daubed with a hand-drawn swastika.

Born on 15 July 1976 in York, Martyn Paul Gilleard had a complicated upbringing. At the time of his birth his mother had two older children by her ex-husband. He became the adopted son of his mother’s new partner after she remarried in 1978.

He left school at 16 with GCSEs in history, English language and literature, but failed to complete a course at Northallerton College. In 2000 he began working for Howarth Timber in Breighton, East Yorkshire, as a forklift truck driver.

In 2002 – the same year he was fined £25 for possession of an offensive weapon – his partner gave birth to a son, but the couple split in 2006.

A prison cell, not the racial conflict of which he dreamed, now awaits him.

BBC News

From 2008

Nick Griffin and the BNP have been particularly vocal this past year when it comes to the subject of paedophiles.

Griffin has embraced every opportunity open to him to lead protests against the various Asian grooming gangs that have gone on trial across the country.

Yet he has been particularly quiet when it comes paedophiles who are white and in particular those white paedophiles who also happen to be members of the BNP.

Not a word was mentioned when it was revealed that Rhyl BNP organiser Ian Si’ree was convicted last month for making and possessing 138 illegal images of child sex abuse.

The BNP also failed to comment when Lancashire BNP member Nigel Hesmondhalgh was imprisoned for nine months after a series of degrading photos and videos of children were found on his home computer in 2011.

In 2010 the BNP said nothing when Northampton BNP activist Darren Francis was jailed for a sexual relationship with a 13 year old girl.Francis was described by police as “every parents’ worst nightmare”

Another BNP paedophile who was jailed recently was Charnwood activist Gavin Leist. Leist who stood for the BNP in the county council elections was a member of a child porn network where he possessed and distributed child pornography of boys under the age of 13.

The court heard that he had joined an online paedophile network and had exchanged emails and incited people to send pictures to him. He also sent emails to three different users with pictures.

Leist was given a 16 month prison sentence and was also handed a Sexual Offences’ Prevention Order, which means his future computer use can be monitored at any time.

He was released from prison on June 19th and you would have thought that the local BNP members would have shunned Leist ?

Apparently this isn’t the case as Coventry BNP organiser Mark Badrick soon contacted Leist on Facebook and started chatting with him as if he had been reunited with a long lost friend.

Badrick and the BNP can obvously turn a blind eye to its collection of BNP paedophiles.

Hope not Hate

From 2012

A SERIOUS violent sex offender who was last year returned to prison for a third time for failing a drug test while on conditional release has this morning been released back into the community.

Brisbane Supreme Court Justice Ann Lyons this morning ordered Darren Anthony Francis be released under a restrictive supervision order.

Lawyers for Francis, 36, last week made its latest attempt to secure him freedom after failing to meet conditions of a previous order.

Barrister Brad Farr, SC, for Queensland’s Attorney-General, on Friday argued Francis should continue to be held in custody, but if released be placed under a strict supervision order.

Defence counsel Carl Heaton, for Francis, said his client should be released and that employment would play a significant role in preventing Francis from re-offending.

Francis, then aged 27, was jailed in 1999 for multiple sex offences and degrading physical abuse of his then partner.

He was one of the first prisoners to be held in jail past his 2004 full-time release date under new Queensland laws designed to stop sex criminals from reoffending.

He was released in 2006, but was returned to custody for breaching his supervision order by using drugs and forming an intimate relationship with a woman.

In April last year, the Supreme Court granted Francis conditional release after finding he posed a “low risk” of reoffending.

Justice Philip McMurdo, who granted Francis conditional, supervised release, found that for Francis to be a true risk to the community, he needed to be demonstrating substance misuse while in an intimate relationship.

Justice McMurdo found there was no evidence of those circumstances.

At the time of his release, Francis was also the subject of a six-month, wholly suspended prison term after being convicted by District Court Judge Michael Noud in December 2007 of escaping lawful custody.

Francis last fronted court in July for destroying his monitoring device in the watch-house — fearing other prisoners may harm him, a court has been told.

The Brisbane District Court was told Francis ripped his electronic monitoring device from around his ankle when police placed him in the cell of a Brisbane watchhouswith other inmates after he returned a positive test for cannabis, breaching his supervision order, in March last year.

Judge Michael Shanahan was told the tainted urine sample was a breach of the conditions of Francis’s Supreme Court-approved Dangerous Prisoner (Sexual Offenders) Act supervision order.

Francis removed the device fearing other cell mates may have thought he had been taken into custody for more serious offences, the court was told.

It was implied, although not stated explicitly, that if the other inmates wrongly suspected Francis had committed further sex offences his safety may have been in jeopardy.

Francis was taken from his home, near Brisbane’s western corridor jail precinct, to the Richlands Magistrate’s Court watch-house.

Mr Heaton said Francis had unsuccessfully requested police remove the device before placing him a cell with other detainees.

Judge Shanahan sentenced Francis an additional one month in jail for the breach of the suspended sentence.

Justice Lyons made the formal orders to release Francis at 9.45am today, but her written findings and the conditions of the order are yet to released publicly.

It is expected her findings will be published on-line some time today.

From 2009

A POLICE search at the home of a murder suspect uncovered child abuse images on the computers of the accused’s dad.

Officers searched the home of suspect James Siree during the investigation into the murder of takeaway delivery driver Gabor Sarkozi at Meliden.

Two laptop computers and a hard drive used by his father were seized and police found images of child sex abuse.

Yesterday Ian Siree, 56, of Vale Road in Rhyl, escaped custody after admitting making and possessing 138 illegal images.

Police also found other images while not illegal in themselves displayed a sexual interest in young girls, Mold Crown Court was told.

Judge Niclas Parry said that what the defendant needed to understand was that what he chose to view was actually happening to children, as young as eight.

“They were subjected to what was displayed on these images,” he said.

“In addition there is some evidence to confirm an unhealthy interest in female children.”

He said the total found were not large, there were only two at the more serious level four and none of the highest level five.

There was no distribution and he had no convictions for anything similar.

He said any custodial sentence would be extremely short and he would be released back into the community within months without any of the underlying causes behind his offending being addressed.

“You have a very young child yourself and this needs to be addressed,” he added.

Siree was placed on supervision for three years on condition that he follows a sex offender treatment programme run by the probation service.

Siree was placed on the sex offender register and a SOPO (Sexual Offences Prevention Order) was also made which prohibits him having any anti-forensic software on his computer.

His computers must retain the history of their use and he must allow police access to his computers on request.

Paulinus Barnes, prosecuting, said that police searched the defendant’s address as part of the other investigation and found images on a laptop. Further images were found on a second lap top and a separate hard drive.

Siree admitted 10 charges of making and possessing the images at an earlier hearing.

James Siree, 22, and his uncle Gary Bland, 42, of Bryn Avenue, Rhyl were jailed for life in May for the murder of Mr Sarkozi.

Wales Online

From 2012

VICTIM’S father hits out as right-wing yob is let off with community service and avoids being placed on sex offenders’ register.

FURY erupted after a right-wing yob who groomed a 13-year-old girl online before having sex with her avoided jail and a place on the sex offenders’ register.

A court heard Stephen Payne had sex with the teenager at his home after the youngster made clear to him during Facebook chat that she was under age.

But the 19-year-old was given only a community payback order after he admitted sex with a minor.

The young victim’s furious father yesterday blasted the 100-hour sentence.

He said: “I am absolutely bewildered that something of this severity gets you 100 hours’ community service and no place on the register.

“What exactly is the sex offenders’ register for? You could get a heftier punishment than this for fighting at the football.”

Local MSP Helen Eadie was also appalled by the sentence and has written to Lord Advocate Frank Mulholland to voice her concerns.

Payne – who “likes” the far-right Scottish Defence League on his Facebook page – got into online conversation with his young victim in 2011.

During their chat, she told him she was 14, although she was only 13 at the time.

She later went to his home in Rosyth, Fife, where they had sex in September 2011.

The girl’s parents found out about the incident last April and her mother contacted police, who launched an inquiry.

Payne was subsequently arrested and charged. He pled guilty after his Facebook conversation with the girl was traced.

At Dunfermline Sheriff Court on January 16, Payne admitted having sex with a minor.

But Sheriff Ian Abercrombie QC sentenced him to only a 100-hour community payback order.

The girl’s dad added: “I would like him on the register and everyone in the locality to know what kind of person is at liberty to walk the streets.”

Daily Record

From 2013

A YOUTH worker employed on a fishing project has admitted sending texts of a sexual nature to a young girl.

Alan Thomas Ellis, 43, was employed by the “Get Hooked on Fishing Project” which aims to get vulnerable people involved in the sport.

But a girl, aged under 16, who went on the course and sent him a text message asking when the next one would be held was shocked to receive inappropriate texts from him.

In court they were described as inappropriate and full of sexual comments.

She later told social workers the text conversation was becoming dirty, it scared her, and social services told police.

Ellis of Leighton Court in Connah’s Quay, but formerly of Castle View Caravan Park at Halkyn, admitted sending six text messages which were grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or menacing.

Paul Abraham, defending, told the court: “Through me Mr Ellis wants to express his regret.”

Ellis was placed on an 18-month community order with supervision and £85 costs.

Daily Post

From 2013

A sex offender escaped from a care centre and fled to Spain, shortly after being spotted applying for his first passport, a judge heard.

Twenty-year-old Jordan Goodwin, also known as Jordan Hagan, stuffed pillows under the covers of his bed to give the impression he was sleeping, Wolverhampton Crown Court heard.

Then he forced open a secure window and ran away from the Huntercombe Centre in Underhill Street, Langley, that caters for people with mental health problems, on March 13.

He left a letter of explanation at the home of his partner and flew out of the country, said Mr Andrew Tucker, prosecuting.

He added: “He got to Spain but was arrested pretty quickly.

“A number of weeks earlier he had been seen filling in a passport application form and when asked why came up with some innocuous reason.”

But Judge Amjad Nawaz asked: “What other purpose could there be for a passport?”

The defendant had been made the subject of an indefinite hospital order at Derby Crown Court in 2011 after committing a serious sexual offence at the age of 12, it was said.

A European Arrest Warrant was issued four days after he vanished and, on March 24, he was flown from Madrid to Birmingham.

He was then detained by police at the airport on landing.

Mr Simon Hanns, defending, said: “There was some element of planning but whether the authorities should have been aware of this is another matter.

“He feels that the hospital order is no longer appropriate and he should now be back in society.”

Goodwin admitted escaping from custody and was given six months detention in a Young Offenders Institution.

However, he had already spent more than half the term in custody waiting for the case to be resolved.

That meant he was eligible for immediate release and could be transferred to a secure unit in Northamptonshire to continue his treatment.

Judge Nawaz told him: “You feel you are being dealt with unfairly by still being held on the hospital order but that is a matter for professionals and a tribunal to decide.

“I am keeping the sentence short to allow you to return to this order because that is in the best interest of, not just you, but also the general public.”

Express & Star.

From 2017

Thank to making-of-a-nazi on Twitter