Archive

Tag Archives: paedophile

James Swindlehurst

James Swindlehurst



A ‘HORRIFIC’ South Yorkshire paedophile who raped two vulnerable young children after buying them sweets has been jailed for 20 years.

James Andrew Swindlehurst, 43, of Rockingham Street, Honeywell, Barnsley was sentenced at Leeds Crown Court after being found guilty of 13 non-recent counts of rape and indecent assault of a child.

Swindlehurst denied the offences against two victims that spanned a five-year period during the 1990s and 2000s.

He was found guilty by a jury following a trial at Sheffield Crown Court in October.

Detective Constable Elinor Duke, leading the investigation, said: “This man took advantage of the fact that the children were vulnerable.

“He gained their trust by building a friendship with them and making them feel ‘needed’.

“He would buy them sweets and take them out before carrying out a prolonged period of sexual abuse, telling them that there was no point telling anyone as nobody would believe them.”

The victims made a disclosure to police in April 2014 and Swindlehurst was arrested and a full investigation was carried out.

DC Duke added: “The bravery that the victims have shown in coming forward is exceptional.

“They did it with the motivation to prevent Swindlehurst hurting any other children.

“It is testament to the courage of the victims that he is now facing 20 years behind bars and I hope today’s sentencing sends a message that we will take action and catch those responsible for such horrific acts.”

Yorkshire Post

TWO men jailed for sexual activity with 14-year-old girls had been thrown out of the British National Party when their offences came to light, it has been revealed.

Ian Richard Hindle, 32, of Church Walk, Blackburn, and Andrew Paul Wells, 49, were jailed on Thursday for a total of five years and three months.

Preston Crown Court heard the pair had plied the girls with alcohol at Wells’ flat on Infirmary Street in Blackburn.

Both men had been BNP members up until they were arrested for the offence, said local party organiser Robin Evans.

He said: “They didn’t have any sexual offences when they became members. As soon as it was brought to our attention – as soon as they were arrested – they were both expelled.

“If it was up to the BNP they would have got a lot longer.”

Mr Evans said the pair were not involved in the running of the local party.

He added: “They just turned up to meetings. We are glad to be rid of them”.

Hindle, who pleaded guilty to unlawful sex with a child, was jailed for three years.

The court heard that when Hindle had first met the girl she had lied about her age, but that he had discovered the truth before having sex with her.

Wells, of Infirmary Street, Blackburn, who was jailed for two years and three months, had earlier pleaded guilty to two counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child and one of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.

Last week the names and addresses of more than 250 East Lancashire BNP members were included in the document that was posted on the internet this week.

Nationally, there were 12,000 people on the list, including police officers, teachers and soldiers.

Mr Evans said some people he knew on the list had received threatening phonecalls.
Lancashire Telegraph

From 2008

A senior member of the English Defence League (EDL), has been jailed for 17 years after he abused a 10-year-old girl 100 times.

Leigh McMillan, 46, from Milton Keynes, groomed the child with cigarettes and drugs before subjecting her to the abuse during the mid-1990s.

McMillan attacked the schoolgirl on her mother’s bed and warned her not to tell on him.

He assaulted her around 100 times, the court heard.

McMillan is a lead figure in the EDL’s most unwanted ‘Lee Rigby’ campaign – a campaign to use the soldier’s death for further hatred.

A judge at the Old Bailey sentenced him on Monday to 17 years behind bars.

A representative from the Hope Not Hate Campaign, set up to fight fascism, was in court to witness his downfall.

“He seemed really embarrassed and looked ashamed He normally comes across as cocky when he speaking for the EDL, so this was quite a difference,” he said.

Hope Not Hate describe McMillan as a leading figure in the far right movement.

They say groups he has been affiliated with have been quick to criticise Muslims over child abuse following high profile cases of Asian grooming gangs.

But McMillan’s own arrest and conviction caused red-faces among his colleagues, claim Hope Not Hate.

“Members of far group groups have tried to hush it up,” said the spokesman.

It is alleged one far right campaigner wrote on Twitter: “We don’t want the left rubbing our noses in the dirt pretending they are whiter than white ourselves.”

Hope Not Hate was founded in 2004 to provide a “positive antidote to the politics of hate”. It helps expose illegal activities of extremists.

MK Citizen

Member of far-right group which accuses Muslims of paedophilia sentenced to 17 years for sexual abuse of girl.

A senior member of the English Defence league (EDL), and a contributor to a plethora of far-right social media groups, has been sentenced at the Old Bailey to 17 years today after he abused a schoolgirl 100 times and left her feeling “every day was Groundhog Day”.

Leigh McMillan, 46, from Milton Keynes, groomed his 10-year-old victim with cigarettes and drugs before subjecting her to a “spiral of sexual abuse” during the mid-1990s.

McMillan attacked the girl as she lay on her mother’s bed and and warned: “You mustn’t tell your mum “she’d be really upset.” He assaulted the schoolgirl around 100 times.

Cover ups already underway

Cover ups already underway

McMillan, who used the name ‘McMillen’ on social media, is a lead figure in the EDL’s most unwanted ‘Lee Rigby’ campaign – a campaign to use the soldier’s death for further hatred.

McMillan is a popular figure in the far right, so much so that a number of fellow far-right figures have been trying desperately to cover up his child abuse.

For example, Margate nazi Gary Field has asked his racist colleagues not to let anyone find out McMillan was an EDL member.

McMillan with Margate’s Dave Coppin, the nazi with a Filipino wife.

McMillan with Margate’s Dave Coppin, the nazi with a Filipino wife.

As of yet, the EDL has not responded, but is forging ahead with plans for an anti-Muslim march – where it will (once again) charge Muslims with being paedophiles.
Hope Not Hate

Keeping Kids Safe have released footage of their ‘sting’ after Christopher Gamlin was jailed

This is the moment a paedophile who planned to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex in a park is confronted by a self-styled “hunting” group.

Christopher Gamlin, 47, was caught after a member of Keeping Kids Safe posed as a child on the Say Hi chat site.

Gamlin, of Newport Road in Cardiff, asked the person he believed to be a teenage girl to send him photographs of her breasts and sent her explicit pictures of himself.

Gamlin also made plans to meet her at a cinema and for them to have sex in a park.

But he was caught when members of Keeping Kids Safe travelled from Mansfield in Nottinghamshire to Gamlin’s home in Cardiff to confront him and detained him until police arrived.

Paddy Fripps, founder of Keeping Kids Safe, said: “He left us with no choice but to expose him and detain him for the police.

“Our team puts in a lot of hours every day to bring these sexual predators to justice and our reward is to see them receive a custodial sentence.”

Gamlin was jailed at Cardiff Crown Court on Tuesday for 21 months for attempting to meet a child after grooming and attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity.

He was also made the subject of a 10-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

Mr Fripps said the team felt 21 months was not long enough but said the members were motivated by knowing his offending had been exposed and were “very proud” of their conviction rate.

Here are some extracts from the ‘sting’

Keeping Kids Safe (KKS): This is Christopher Gamlin. He wanted to meet who he thought was a 13-year-old girl today for sex. We’ve come to his address and now we’re waiting for the police.

KKS: Do you think it’s acceptable to talk like that to a child? Why did you do it?

Gamlin: I thought she was older.

KKS: You didn’t. She told you she was a child. She told you a lot of times as well.

Decoy from KKS: It’s me you’ve been talking to. I’m the girl. The one you’ve sent videos of porn to. And pictures of your d***. So yes, that’s me. Do you want to apologise or anything?

Gamlin: No reply.

Decoy: It’s bad enough what you’ve done to me. Imagine if I’d been a real 13-year-old.

Gamlin: No reply.

Decoy: Have you got nothing to say for yourself? Any remorse? You’ve not got any remorse about you.

Gamlin: I have.

Decoy: What do you think should happen to people like you?

Gamlin: Lots, I suppose.

Decoy: Do you think you should do time for it?

Gamlin: No reply.

KKS: Your neighbours all know. Police are on the way to you now.

Decoy: How long do you think you should serve in prison for the way you’ve been speaking to me?

Gamlin: No reply.

Decoy: You’ve gone very quiet now, but you had plenty to say to me for the last six weeks.

KKS: I don’t get what makes you do it.

Gamlin: Bored, I suppose.

KKS: The police are going to arrest you and they’re going to take all your electrical devices to see what you’ve been doing.

Decoy: Have you got nothing to say?

Gamlin: What can I say?
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-happened-group-paedophile-hunters-14029996

Wales Online

Bradley Daniel Alford was caught by undercover police in a sting – but he had already targeted girls as young as 10 and had nude pictures on his phone.

A paedophile arranged to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex at Weston-super-Mare’s Grand Pier, just hours after he had appeared in court.

But the ‘victim’ Bradley Alford had been grooming was an undercover police officer – and he was arrested in the seaside town on September 15.

The 19-year-old, of Drove Road, Weston-super-Mare, had appeared in court on the morning of his arrest, having pleaded not guilty to other offences.

But what Alford did not realise was that the ‘girl’, called Jade, was in fact an undercover police officer, who had recorded all of their online conversations.

He appeared at Bristol Crown Court on Friday, December 1, to be sentenced for a range of offences which included possession of indecent photos of children, attempting to meet a child, inciting a child to send sexual images and inciting a child to engage in sexual intercourse.

Bradley Daniel Alford was sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on December 1, 2017

Bradley Daniel Alford was sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on December 1, 2017

It emerged during the sentencing hearing that police first learned of Alford’s sexual offending when he was arrested following a stabbing at a house party in Bristol in July 2016.

He had used a kitchen knife during a street fight with another teenager, after the pair had argued on social media site Facebook.

While in police custody, officers examined Alford’s phone and found images of young girls posing naked or semi-naked.

Investigators also downloaded his internet history, which revealed he had visited various child pornography websites, and there was evidence of Alford inciting girls – one of whom was only 10 years old – to engage in online sexual activity.

Prosecutor Robin Shellard said: “They were clearly at school and Mr Alford wanted to meet them for sexual purposes knowing their age, and knowing that was under the age of 16.

“A number of girls were spoken to by police but because of their age, because of their embarrassment, not all were frank with what messages had passed between them – which is understandable.”

After his initial arrest, police bailed Alford but suspected he may still be contacting underage girls – and so decided to set up a surveillance operation.

Officers set up a fake Facebook profile for a 13-year-old girl called Jade, who added the defendant online and started messaging him.

Very quickly, the conversation became sexual – as the defendant started demanding images and trying to arrange a meet-up.

Mr Shellard added: “They discussed meeting and Mr Alford asked her to wear something cute or her school uniform.

“He also asked her for some of her underwear to keep, and said he wanted to make pornographic films to sell.

“On September 15, he travelled to Weston-super-Mare so they could meet up. When the police appeared, he ran off but was detained after a short chase. He answered no comment to all questions.”

In response, defence barrister Robert Morgan-Jones said his client was a young man who had been raised without a mother under the auspices of social services.

“This is the first time he has ever spent time in custody,” Mr Morgan-Jones said.

“He is a young man who has a deficit in thinking skills, which is an area which requires work.”

Judge Peter Blair QC sentenced Alford to six years in a young offenders institution for both the stabbing incident and the sexual offences.

He also made Alford the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and a restraining order, banning him from contacting – directly or indirectly – any of his victims.

After the case, DC Paul Newell of Avon and Somerset police, said: “I’d like to commend all the young girls in this case for having the courage to come forward and speak to us about the offences committed against them.

“We hope the severity of the sentence given by the court shows how seriously offences like this are treated.

“Protecting young members of our society from predatory behaviour like this is one of our top priorities.

“Our message to all victims of sexual offences is that we’ll always listen to you, so please find the courage to come and speak to us so we can bring offenders like Bradley Alford to justice.”

A spokesperson for the NSPCC South West England added: “In attempting to meet what he thought was a child, Alford has shown himself to be a serious danger to children and it is right that he has now faced the courts for his actions.

“To help tackle the growing problem of online child abuse imagery, the NSPCC is calling on tech companies, government and law enforcement agencies to eradicate this growing issue at its source.”

Any adult worried about a child can call the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000. Help for children and young people is available from Childline on 0800 1111.

Bristol Post

Trevor Vinson captured his abuse on a mobile phone

Trevor Vinson was given a 21-year extended sentence for filming himself sexually assaulting a three-year-old girl (Image: Dyfed-Powys Police)

Trevor Vinson was given a 21-year extended sentence for filming himself sexually assaulting a three-year-old girl (Image: Dyfed-Powys Police)

A man who filmed himself repeatedly sexually assaulting a three-year-old girl has been given a 21-year extended sentence for his crimes.

Trevor Vinson subjected the young child to months of abuse – which he captured on his mobile phone in dozens of pictures and videos.

The mother of the victim described the 38-year-old as a “monster” who had destroyed her family.

Vinson, from Tumble, Carmarthenshire , had previously pleaded guilty to six counts of sexual assault and three counts of producing indecent images of a child when he appeared in the dock of Swansea Crown Court for sentencing.

Catherine Richards, prosecuting, said that over the space of six months Vinson sexually assaulted his victim numerous times, taking pictures and videos of the abuse.

He also took naked pictures of the girl in various poses, and filmed her urinating.

The court heard that in one of the pictures the girl – who was three at the time – could be seen with her hands clenched, and covering her face.

The abuse came to light after she told her mother what had happened.

The prosecutor said that when police went to Vinson’s house on May 3 to arrest him, he asked if her could get changed first and managed to hide the mobile containing the incriminating images in the bag of a vacuum cleaner. It was found a week later.

In statement from the victim’s mum read to court, she said she had been “in a very dark place” since learning of the abuse her child had suffered.

She described Vinson, now of Valence Walk in Pembroke , as a “monster” who had destroyed her family, adding she was fearful that the images of her daughter had been shared online.

Paul Hobson, for Vinson, conceded it was a very serious case and that his client faced a substantial period in custody, adding the only real mitigation was the defendant’s guilty pleas.

Judge Keith Thomas told Vinson he had carried out “appalling acts” on a girl who, by virtue of her age, was extremely vulnerable.

He said he was satisfied Vinson posed a significant risk of causing serious harm in the future, and imposed an imposed an extended 21-year sentence – 15-years will be spent in custody, and six years on licence. Vinson will be on the sex offenders register for life, and be subject to a Sexual Harm Prevention Order to limit his access to children.

Speaking after the sentencing Dyfed-Powys Police detective inspector Elaine Bendle said: “I am pleased that Vinson has been sentenced and is no longer able to cause harm to the young victim or anyone else. This is a highly unusual case with evidence being obtained from such a young victim.

“The crimes he committed against this child were abhorrent and I must commend the detectives, digital crime investigators, police officers and staff who worked tirelessly to bring Vinson to justice.”

A spokesman for NSPCC Wales said Vinson’s crimes “will have caused untold damage to his young victim and her family”, adding that such abuse ruins childhoods.

Wales Online