Archive

threatening behaviour

A judge has jailed a racist who insulted a bus driver and a security guard.

Lewis Nigel Foulds, who was told his “disgraceful” views would not be tolerated in Leicester, began shouting and swearing at Judge Simon Hammond as he was sentenced to 16 months in prison.

The 21-year-old, who appeared via a live television link between Leicester Crown Court and Leicester Prison, had to be restrained by guards and removed from the video-link room.

Sentencing, Judge Hammond said: “Leicester is a multi-cultural society and people in Leicester are proud of that and work hard to promote it. There’s no place in British society for people like this defendant, who holds disgraceful, disgusting views and adopts disgraceful conduct.

“People are entitled to go about their business without having racial insults thrown at them.

“People who have racist views, and behave in a racist manner and insult people with their racist views, must expect custody.”

Foulds, formerly of Hazeldine Road, Hamilton, Leicester,

told the judge: “You’re just making me worse.”

After his outburst, Judge Hammond said to the court: “We have just seen him storm out of the prison video-link room. He came back in and was abusive and swore. He was violent and was removed.”

The court heard that at 1pm on March 25, Foulds was on a bus in Keyham Lane, Leicester, which was being driven by a Sikh driver.

There were two female passengers on the bus.

Foulds told the women: “I bet the driver eats pork.”

He began to chant racist comments, claiming Muslim people were paedophiles, and also announced: “I’m a racist and a fascist and proud of it.”

Neither woman was Muslim and they were not wearing veils, prosecutor Michael Waterfield told the court. The driver ordered Foulds off the bus.

Foulds then picked up £2.14 in change from the driver’s tray and threw it, or dropped it, before getting off.

In a second incident, at 10.30pm on April 30, Foulds confronted an Asian security guard outside a Sainsbury’s store in Narborough Road, again hurling abusive and racist remarks.

When prevented from entering the shop, he challenged the guard to a fight and took up a boxing stance, before leaving.

Michael Garvey, mitigating, said: “He has an alcohol problem, which forms the background to his offending. When sober he’s a pleasant, shy individual.”

He said Foulds’ mind had been “polluted” by various racist groups.

“He doesn’t have any direct contact with them (the groups) any more but his friends do and he still sees those people,” said Mr Garvey. “It’s the Islamic faith that seems to be the target for his bile.”

He said Foulds has an attention deficit disorder and was “on the autistic spectrum”.

Foulds pleaded guilty to two offences of racially-aggravated threatening behaviour and theft of £2.14 from the bus.

The court heard he had three convictions for racially-aggravated threatening behaviour.

Leicester Mercury

Lewis Foulds is the EDL supporter with the red dot above his head

Lewis Foulds is the EDL supporter with the red dot above his head

A TEENAGE woman and a man have been found guilty of throwing bacon into Central Mosque and wrapping it round the door handles.

Chelsea Lambie, 18, from Paisley, and 38-year-old Douglas Cruikshank from Galashiels carried out the early morning attack in January last year.

Cruikshank originally denied the charge, but changed his plea after the Crown dropped its claim that the offence was racially aggravated.

A jury took just over an hour to return a majority verdict of guilty on Lambie.

She was found guilty of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear and alarm.

Sentence was deferred until May 23.

Edinburgh Evening News

Lambie also has a conviction for this a couple of years ago.
http://edlcriminals.com/2013/07/19/ned-fined-for-racist-outburst/

EDL march in city centre 2014 English Defence League. Photo: David Lowndes

EDL march in city centre 2014 English Defence League. Photo: David Lowndes

An English Defence League demonstrator was fined at court after becoming drunk during a march in Peterborough city centre in March.

Andrew Robinson (46) travelled from his home in Birmingham to take part in the demonstration in Peterborough on Saturday, 29 March.

He was one of 450 people who took part in the demonstration, with about 100 taking part in a counter demonstration held by the Peterborough Trades Union Council on the same day.

Robinson was the only person arrested during either demonstration, and he appeared at Peterborough magistrates Court on Monday.

Jackie Carradice, prosecuting, said: “As the EDL march went past Bridge Street Police Station, Robinson was trying to break out of the barriers set by police.

“He was clearly under the influence of alcohol, and other members of the march were trying to move him to the edges, and were clearly annoyed by him.

“Police officers pulled him out of the crowd, and Robinson swore at the officers, and at a member of the public passing by.

“The officers needed to use force to detain him as he resisted arrest.”

Robinson, of Stratford Road, Birmingham, represented himself in court, and addressing District Judge Ken Sheraton, spoke only to apologise for his actions.

He pleaded guilty to using threatening words or behaviour, and was fined £100 and ordered to pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £20.

Peterborough Today

A gang launched a “completely and utterly disgraceful” racist attack on staff at a Cambridge restaurant in the wake of the Lee Rigby murder.

Mai Thai restaurant, Hobbs Pavilion, Park Terrace, Cambridge: Picture Keith Heppell

Mai Thai restaurant, Hobbs Pavilion, Park Terrace, Cambridge: Picture Keith Heppell

The five friends – three of whom have been locked up – chased and assaulted staff, threw glass bottles and bins and hurled racial abuse outside the Mai Thai restaurant by Parker’s Piece as they chanted “EDL”.

They goaded two brothers into coming outside before attacking them while shouting racist abuse on June 6 last year, a few days after the brutal murder of Fusilier Rigby in Woolwich.

The manager of the restaurant, who did not want to be named, told the News after the Cambridge Crown Court sentencing they attacked Muslim and Thai workers – and then turned on some of the 20 or so police officers who arrived on the scene.

He said: “It was very nasty. They attacked staff for no reason who were trying to get on with their work and shouted racial abuse, which was completely and utterly disgraceful.

“I’m glad they have been given these sentences. These are thugs who have got nothing better to do and hopefully this will teach them a lesson that it’s not something they can get away with.”

Marti Blair, prosecuting, said the offence started when one of the group tapped on the window of the restaurant and made aggressive gestures to staff as they were clearing up.

She said: “A member of staff thought it could be some sort of hate race incident and he called police, which was reasonable given the Lee Rigby killing had only just taken place a couple of weeks earlier and there had followed a number of race hate attacks at that time.”

She described how some of the gang started pushing two members of staff, leaving the brothers with damaged ribs and ripped shirts.

They then threw glass bottles and bins at the door while chanting the far right group’s name and demanding they “go home”.

She said: “All of the witnesses describe how the group were chanting EDL and saying things like ‘go back to your country’.”

Joshua Collinson-Prime, 19, formerly of Victoria Road, Arbury, William Jacey, 21, of Brampton Road, Royston, and a 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, all admitted violent disorder.

Leon Jackson, 24, and Daniel Mooney, 20, both of Gonville Place, Trumpington, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of racially aggravated threatening behaviour.

Jacey was jailed for a year, Collinson-Prime was sent to a youth offenders’ institution for a year and the youth was given a one-year detention and training order.

Jackson and Mooney were each given eight-month jail sentences suspended for two years and must do 200 hours of unpaid work. The young group have nearly 40 previous convictions between them.

Judge Gareth Hawkesworth, sentencing at Cambridge Crown Court, described it as a “thoroughly unpleasant racist attack” and added: “It will simply not be tolerated.”

One of the victims said in a statement read out in court that he was still scared for his safety.

He said: “These people know where I work and clearly have an issue with me and the colour of my skin and this is not an issue that is going to go away.”

Cambridge News

I’ve put together a list of all the various members and supporters of the English Defence League, Scottish Defence League and The Infidels who will be spending Christmas Day in a cell somewhere.

It doesn’t include Mark Sleman who is on the run after been recalled to prison, people who been sent to prison and done their time this year or those on remand.

I’ve no doubt that some have been missed but even as it is, over 50 members of a “not racist and not violent” organisation are in prison for racist and violent crimes.

The text in bold links to the news article about the jailing.

Walsall Demo
Douglas Ralston 20 months
Darron Davies 22 months
Neil MacDiarmid 15 months
Alan Turnbull 26 months
Stephen Currien 28 months
Lee Rogers 24 months
Gary Lycett 26 months
Jack Lambert 14 months
Michael Thomas 28 months
Jack Clark 16 months
Christopher Boyall 24 months
Benjamin Banfield 20 months
Mark Baker 21 months
Dean Lidster 28 months
Craig Forward 25 months
Stephen Bennett 20 months
Christopher Jelley 22 months
Myles Smith 24 months
Nicholas Cooper 27 months
Peter Kirkham 14 months
Mark Conroy 30 months
Kirk Reeves 18 months
Richard Schulz 42 months
Dean Smith 27 months
John Cureton 36 months
Kirk Jones 33 months

Football hooliganism.

Ashley Evans 3 years

War Memorial Damage

Daniel Smith 12 weeks

Gloucester Mosque Arson.
Clive Michael Ceronne 4 years 6 months
Ashley Henry Juggins 3 years 6 months

Burnley Racist Attack.

Wayne Lord six months
Declan Clayton eight months

Edinburgh Mosque Attack
Wayne Stilwell 10 months

Attempted Robbery.

Guramit Singh Kalirai 6 years 6 months + 9 months for a bail breach

GBH
Shaun Havelin 2 years 6 months

Liverpool Anti-Fash Attack

Nathan Smith 15 months.
Liam Pinkham 17 months
Michael Kearns 14 months
Matthew Coates 10 months
Peter Hawley 13 months
Shane Calvert 14 months
Stephen Dumont 5 months + 4 months

Burglary
Clint Bristow (not sure of the sentence)

Criminal Damage

Tobias Ruth 2 years 9 months

Wounding.
Joseph Guite 30 months

Violent Disorder and other crimes

Marcus Ward 11 years

Mosque Attack
Geoffrey Ryan 9 months

Knife Attack
David Morris 6 years

Drugs and Firearms

Paul Duffy 5 years

Mosque Threats
John Parkin 18 months

Assault and Other Crimes
Daniel Smith 9 years

Murder
Cameron Schofield 11 years.

Assault
Lee Preston 18 months

Robbery
Aaron Muxlow 33 months

Robbery and Assault
Daniel Grant Jailed Indefinitely (4 years)

Stoke Mosque Arson

Simon Beech 10 years
Garreth Foster 10 years

Happy Xmas or whatever you celebrate.

EDL protest in Walsall

EDL protest in Walsall

Thirty two men will appear in court this week to be sentenced after violence erupted at an English Defence League demonstration in Walsall last year.

Over a period of four days the defendants will all appear at Wolverhampton Crown Court for their final hearing, after being convicted of violent disorder earlier this year.

The men were arrested and charged following an investigation by West Midlands Police Force CID following violence in Walsall town centre on September 29, 2012.

A series of operations were staged across the country to arrest people suspected of involvement in the disorder, which broke out when members of the protest group tried to break through police lines.

A further 17 men have already appeared before magistrates where they have been sentenced for crimes ranging from public order offences to criminal damage.

Det Chief Insp Pete Dunn, who led the police investigation into the disorder, said: “The majority of the people who visited Walsall to protest that day were law-abiding.

“However a small number of people decided to get involved in a few ugly scenes when protestors began to try and break through police lines and throw missiles.

edl-in-walsall-protests-by-the-english-defence-league

“Thirty people were arrested at the time, and we continued to arrest people from as far and wide as Dorset and County Durham over the weeks and months that followed.

“This week sees the culmination of a detailed, painstaking investigation by a dedicated team of officers who were determined to bring those people to justice.

“We recovered many hours of CCTV, mobile phone and police footage which led to more than 450 hours of detective work to identify those responsible for bringing violence to the streets of Walsall.

“These court proceedings underline the fact that we will pursue people who commit crime in the West Midlands, no matter how long it takes, and bring them to justice.”

Chief Supt Dave Sturman, commander for Walsall and in charge of the operation on the day, added: “We recognise that the people of Walsall were both concerned and inconvenienced on the day and we hope that residents are reassured by our continuing efforts to bring those involved in disorder in the town to justice.

“The message to people intent on bringing violence to the streets of the West Midlands when attending such events is clear – we will not tolerate disorder or any form of anti social behaviour.

“The force takes a hard line against anyone who comes to the West Midlands and creates disorder, whether it be in the name of an organisation or just for devilment.

“If you commit such crimes we will track you down and ultimately you will be brought before the courts.”

Despite violence breaking out at the EDL demonstration, only a small number of protesters and police officers sustained minor cuts and bruises.

There were no serious injuries.

All 32 men will appear before Wolverhampton Crown Court to be sentenced between Monday, December 16-Thursday, December 19.

Birmingham Mail

Walsall EDL demo convictions

More EDL demo Walsall convictions.

Yet more…

A GALASHIELS man who admitted acting aggressively towards police officers as they were investigating a complaint at a public house at the weekend was remanded in custody at Selkirk Sheriff Court on Monday.

Douglas Ian Cruikshank, 38, of Winston Road, pleaded guilty to acting in a threatening or abusive manner at the Woodcutter public house in Langlee on Saturday.

Procurator fiscal Graham Fraser said police officers were in the pub’s empty lounge area making enquiries into an allegation of assault.

He explained: “The accused came in close to where the officer was standing and started to stare at the person who was speaking to the police. He was asked if had a problem and he replied I am watching him being a grass by talking to the police.

“The police officers were concerned about the apparent intimidation going on and asked him to leave the lounge area.

“The accused was belligerent towards the police and the staff asked the accused to leave the lounge area and go to the public bar to try and calm things down.

“Eventually the police realised who he was and that he was on bail. They received a complaint that he might have a weapon on him and he was shouting and swearing at them. Eventually he was apprehended.”

Defence lawyer Mat Patrick said: “These were actions of someone who had far too much to drink. He was acting a bit of a prat.”

He admitted things spiralled out of control when Cruikshank when the police searched him for the alleged weapon.

Cruikshank – who is a member of the Scottish Defence League and has a trial coming up this week at Edinburgh Sheriff Court – was told by Sheriff Peter Paterson there was a serious element to the case.

He said: “I will not tolerate interference with the police carrying out their duty. The matter will be deferred for reports.”

Cruikshank was remanded in custody until December 9.

Border Telegraph