Archive

Tag Archives: sexual harm prevention order

Keeping Kids Safe have released footage of their ‘sting’ after Christopher Gamlin was jailed

This is the moment a paedophile who planned to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex in a park is confronted by a self-styled “hunting” group.

Christopher Gamlin, 47, was caught after a member of Keeping Kids Safe posed as a child on the Say Hi chat site.

Gamlin, of Newport Road in Cardiff, asked the person he believed to be a teenage girl to send him photographs of her breasts and sent her explicit pictures of himself.

Gamlin also made plans to meet her at a cinema and for them to have sex in a park.

But he was caught when members of Keeping Kids Safe travelled from Mansfield in Nottinghamshire to Gamlin’s home in Cardiff to confront him and detained him until police arrived.

Paddy Fripps, founder of Keeping Kids Safe, said: “He left us with no choice but to expose him and detain him for the police.

“Our team puts in a lot of hours every day to bring these sexual predators to justice and our reward is to see them receive a custodial sentence.”

Gamlin was jailed at Cardiff Crown Court on Tuesday for 21 months for attempting to meet a child after grooming and attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity.

He was also made the subject of a 10-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

Mr Fripps said the team felt 21 months was not long enough but said the members were motivated by knowing his offending had been exposed and were “very proud” of their conviction rate.

Here are some extracts from the ‘sting’

Keeping Kids Safe (KKS): This is Christopher Gamlin. He wanted to meet who he thought was a 13-year-old girl today for sex. We’ve come to his address and now we’re waiting for the police.

KKS: Do you think it’s acceptable to talk like that to a child? Why did you do it?

Gamlin: I thought she was older.

KKS: You didn’t. She told you she was a child. She told you a lot of times as well.

Decoy from KKS: It’s me you’ve been talking to. I’m the girl. The one you’ve sent videos of porn to. And pictures of your d***. So yes, that’s me. Do you want to apologise or anything?

Gamlin: No reply.

Decoy: It’s bad enough what you’ve done to me. Imagine if I’d been a real 13-year-old.

Gamlin: No reply.

Decoy: Have you got nothing to say for yourself? Any remorse? You’ve not got any remorse about you.

Gamlin: I have.

Decoy: What do you think should happen to people like you?

Gamlin: Lots, I suppose.

Decoy: Do you think you should do time for it?

Gamlin: No reply.

KKS: Your neighbours all know. Police are on the way to you now.

Decoy: How long do you think you should serve in prison for the way you’ve been speaking to me?

Gamlin: No reply.

Decoy: You’ve gone very quiet now, but you had plenty to say to me for the last six weeks.

KKS: I don’t get what makes you do it.

Gamlin: Bored, I suppose.

KKS: The police are going to arrest you and they’re going to take all your electrical devices to see what you’ve been doing.

Decoy: Have you got nothing to say?

Gamlin: What can I say?
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-happened-group-paedophile-hunters-14029996

Wales Online

Paul Whiteside took the girl to his mother’s house after she ran away following an argument with her family, who thought she was in a relationship with him.

An English Defence League activist who was being arrested for the abduction of a 15-year-old school girl “lied his head off” to police.

Paul Whiteside, 47, assisted the girl after she ran away from her home in Louth taking her to stay at his mother’s home in Derbyshire, Lincoln Crown Court heard.

Esther Harrison, prosecuting, said that Whiteside knew the girl through his involvement in the EDL and met her after school on a number of occasions attracting the attention of neighbours who reported the matter to the police.

Miss Harrison said “They had met through mutual friends involved in the EDL. She had on occasions travelled with him and others to various demonstrations.

“It came to light that she had met him on several occasions after school. He was parked outside and she was seen talking to him for perhaps up to an hour at a time.

“Neighbours were concerned and took photographs and contacted the police.

“The matter was raised with the girl and her friend. She accepted it was her and said it only happened once.”

Miss Harrison said that there was an argument within the family about the matter and subsequent to that the girl ran away.

“She ran off and was reported missing. It is clear she contacted the defendant. He said he felt he could do nothing else but assist her.

“They travelled to Derbyshire that night and stayed at his mother’s property. The charge relates to the fact that when she was missing he knew where she was. She was at his mother’s house and he did not return her to Louth.”

Whiteside’s mother called police the following day and her son was subsequently arrested.

Miss Harrison said “Nothing of a sexual nature took place. It is fair to say that there were some photographs on his phone of the girl. They show her in various states of undress and her in the bath. They were not deemed to be indecent images.”

“In his interview he maintained he had no knowledge of where she had been and the last time he had seen her was a week before.”

Whiteside, formerly of the Louth area but now of Skinner Street, Creswell, admitted a charge of child abduction by keeping the child away from her mother in October 2016. He was given a 10 month jail sentence suspended for two years with a rehabilitation activity requirement of up to 30 days.

He was also given an 18-month restraining order banning him from contacting the girl and a 10-year sexual harm prevention order.

Judge Simon Hirst , passing sentence, said: “She rang you and told you that you were in danger and at risk of violence from family members because of the perception that you were in a relationship with her. You agreed to take her out of Louth.

“You were arrested the following day. You lied your head off to the police telling them you did not know where she was.

“On your phone were photographs of the girl in the bath and in a state of undress. You have not been charged with those photographs but it is clearly a worrying feature of this case.

“It is clear to me that this crosses the custody threshold but given your character, the basis of your plea and the fact that you have effectively done a three month sentence of imprisonment I can suspend that imprisonment.”

Grace Hale, in mitigation, said there is no danger of Whiteside and the girl getting together again.

“He is now out of the area and has no intention of returning to the Louth area.”

She said he spent six weeks remanded in custody which is the equivalent of a 12-week jail term and added that he has kidney disease which involves him receiving dialysis three times a week.

Grimsby Telegraph

Nonce

CAUGHT OUT: Alan Boulter, left, being confronted by national paedophile hunters.

CAUGHT OUT: Alan Boulter, left, being confronted by national paedophile hunters.

TWO paedophile hunters trapped and filmed a man who thought he was meeting a vulnerable 13-year-old girl for sex after talking to her on Facebook.

He wanted some “naughty fun” and offered to pay the girl £50 for sex but she did not actually exist and instead he got a “nasty surprise” from the two vigilantes, a court heard.

The paedophile hunters streamed live coverage of their confrontation with the sexual predator on Facebook.

Alan Boulter, 52, of Pershore Avenue, Grimsby, admitted attempting to meet a child following sexual grooming between November 21 and December 20.

Megan Rhys, prosecuting, told Grimsby Crown Court that Boulter intended to meet a 13-year-old girl called Chloe that he believed he had been communicating with on Facebook.

But she did not exist and it was trap by a paedophile hunter who had set up fake profiles in the names of Shannon and Chloe.

He went to Grimsby railway station for the supposed meeting but was confronted by two vigilantes who filmed the encounter and streamed it live over Facebook to expose him.

This was seen by a neighbour of his, who was so concerned about his safety that she contacted the police, who went to his home. The vigilantes passed a disk of the internet conversations to the police.

Boulter told police he exchanged messages in a Facebook chatroom to the girl he thought was 13-year-old Shannon and the conversations became sexual.

He spoke about having sex with the girl but claimed that, once she told him she was 13, he was not interested in her sexually.

He chatted with Chloe for about a week and thought that both girls lived in the same care home in Doncaster.

He claimed that he received a telephone call from Chloe saying she was running away and a later call saying that she was at Grimsby railway station and was frightened.

Boulter claimed that his “intention was simply to take her home”, said Miss Rhys.

“It was dark and she was scared and he denied any sexual intentions to her.”

He was confronted at the station by the two men.

After the messages from the disk were downloaded, it emerged that he was after “naughty fun” and was looking for a female to come and see him for sex.

He asked her intimate questions and suggested things he would like to do to her. He wanted to have sex with her but she should not tell anyone because it was illegal. He would pay her £50 for this and would meet her at the station.

“She was not to come and see him if she didn’t want sex,” said Miss Rhys.

“There was nobody that actually existed for him to carry out the activity with, however.”

Julia Baggs, mitigating, said that Boulter made admissions, co-operated with police and understood the seriousness of the offence.

The ex-lorry driver had no previous convictions and worked in security for 16 years.

“He is ashamed and remorseful about his behaviour,” said Miss Baggs.

“It is fortunate that, on this occasion, there was no direct victim.”

Judge Mark Bury said: “It’s no thanks to him, though. He did everything he could to meet a 13-year-old girl.”

He told Boulter: “You went to Grimsby railway station intending to meet a 13-year-old child.

“You were under the impression that she was a vulnerable person in care and was running away and that she had come to meet you for sex.

“You got a nasty surprise when you arrived at the railway station.

“You were confronted by two men who filmed that confrontation.

“It’s clear that you were prepared to have sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl, possibly more than one.

“You offered to pay her. Of course, all of this was a scam. There was no 13-year-old girl but you did everything you could to make that happen.

“No harm has, in fact, been caused to any person. It’s clear that you intended very serious sexual offending against a child of 13.”

Boulter was jailed for 20 months and was given a 10-year sexual harm prevention order. He must register as a sex offender for 10 years.

Grimsby Telegraph

ab-2

ab-3

ab-4

ab-5

ab-6

ab-7

ab-7

ab-8

A 20-year-old man who groomed tragic schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood, a few days before she was raped and murdered by someone else, has been given a three year and seven month detention sentence.

Bruce Cordwell, 20, was aware Kayleigh was 15 years old when he sent her a series of sexual text messages, and two indecent pictures of himself, when trying to meet her via Facebook and WhatsApp.

Kayleigh’s mother, Stephanie Haywood, sat in the public gallery today at Leicester Crown Court to hear the facts of the case outlined by prosecutor, Lynsey Knott.

Cordwell, of no fixed address, admitted at an earlier hearing attempting to arrange a meeting with Kayleigh, with the intention of having sexual intercourse with her, not reasonably believing she was 16 or over, between November 10 and 13, 2015.

Kayleigh never actually met up with Cordwell and was murdered at the hands of another, Stephen Beadman, on November 15, 2015.

Cordwell, who has two bright red lipstick kisses tattooed on the right side of his neck, kept his head bowed low in the dock throughout the proceedings.

bc-tatts

Before sentencing, Judge Robert Brown told Mrs Haywood: “I’m told this case is completely unrelated to the events concerning the murder of your daughter.

“The prosecution have pointed that out from the outset, because there’s no connection between this man and the events leading the death by murder of your daughter and I must deal with the case on that basis.”

The judge told the defendant: “You knew that your victim, Kayleigh, was under 16 because that fact was established in the texts that went between you.

“You groomed her.

“Your intention was to meet her and to have sexual intercourse with her.

“You never actually met her and you hadn’t even agreed a date time or place of rendezvous.

“But this offending is child abuse and it calls for a custodial sentence and it must receive one.”

The judge told Cordwell it was “sad” to see someone of his age with 17 offences recorded against him including for drugs, violence, assaulting a police officer and possessing an offensive weapon – but he had no previous convictions for sexual matters.

He added: “I still take the view it’s a very serious matter.

“When children are abused they suffer all kinds of harm as the mother of this young lady knows only too well.”

Cordwell was placed on an indefinite sexual harm prevention order and will have to enlist on a sex offender register for life.

Miss Knott said that Cordwell made several suggestions to meet, including asking to see Kayleigh, of Measham, “before school.”

The pair exchanged about 100 messages on November 10 with the defendant making repeated requests for Kayleigh to go on a webcam, which she refused, and claiming he was “fitter and better” than her boyfriend.

He also asked her if she had had sex before, which she denied.

The court heard that Cordwell, described as “a problematic young man” sent Kayleigh two indecent pictures of himself and a sexually explicit message which Miss Knott said left the court in “no doubt about what he intended.”

Eugine Hickey, mitigating, said: “One suspects this is the type of chat that is happening daily across the country between teenagers.

“In clear terms the back story is the murder of Kayleigh Haywood which has no part of this case.

“During the thorough investigation into her murder the police went through her social media records.

“He was 19 at the time and she was 15; of course there’s criminality and he’s pleaded guilty.

“It’s not the type of grooming that so often comes before the courts.”

He said the last message Cordwell sent was on November 16, when he realised she was missing, saying: “You need to get home now. Your parents are worried sick about you. You’re only 15.”

Mr Hickey said: “That message perhaps says something about his moral compass and that he was concerned about her.

“No time or date was set for their meeting and no actual rendezvous was agreed.”

Bruce Cordwell, 20, was aware Kayleigh was 15 years old when he sent her a series of sexual text messages.

Bruce Cordwell, 20, was aware Kayleigh was 15 years old when he sent her a series of sexual text messages.

Last July, Kayleigh’s killer, landscape gardener Stephen Beadman, who raped and murdered her after holding her prisoner, was given a life sentence to serve a minimum of 35 years.

Kayleigh’s body was found by a lake near Sence Valley Forest Park, Ibstock, on November 18, five days after she went missing from her home in Measham, Leicestershire – after being dropped off outside Ibstock Community College.

Beadman, of George Avenue, Ibstock, admitted murdering Kayleigh.

She was groomed on Facebook by Beadman’s neighbour, Luke Harlow, who lured her to his home.

Beadman, aged 29, and Harlow, 28, were both convicted by a jury of falsely imprisoning Kayleigh in the hours before she was killed on farmland in the early hours of November 15.

Harlow, who was jailed for 12 years, pleaded guilty to grooming Kayleigh and engaging in sexual activity with her.

An NSPCC spokesman said afterwards: “Kayleigh was a vulnerable girl targeted by online predators searching for victims to abuse.

“Her tragic story shows the serious dangers that young people face every time they log on. It is vital that parents talk to their children about what they are doing online and are aware of the risks.

“And in 2015, the NSPCC’s Flaw in the Law campaign prompted the Government to make it illegal for an adult to send a sexual communication to an under 16-year-old.

“But almost two years later, the Government has yet to trigger the law, already successfully used to catch abusers in Scotland. It is an unacceptable and baffling delay.”

Leicester Mercury

bc

bc-2