Tag Archives: football banning order

Billy Rambadt

Billy Rambadt

A TROUBLEMAKER who caused mayhem in and around Burnley matches for nearly three years has been banned from attending any football game in the UK for the foreseeable future.

Billy Rambadt, 19, will not be able to follow Burnley home or away, or attend any football ground until the end of January 2019 under a football banning order imposed by Pennine magistrates.

He will also be prevented from going within a mile of Turf Moor on matchdays or be caught on a train en-route to an England international over the next three years.

Not only was he spotted as part of the major public disorder, following the Clarets’ clash with Sheffield Wednesday in 2013. but he was involved in a number of other confrontations with either police or stewards, according to football intelligence officers.

The teenager was ejected from the ground in 2015, after being abusive to stewards, was seen behaving in an anti-social manner when Burnley played Chelsea in the Premier League, and was also involved in public disorder at the Southampton game in 2014, the court heard.

Rambadt, of Elim View, off Marsden Road, Burnley, who was represented in court by Mark Williams, was also ordered to pay £200 costs to Lancashire Constabulary.

Several other football banning order cases are understood to be in the pipeline.

Speaking after the case, Chief Insp Phil Hutchinson said: “The majority of people who attend football matches are law abiding fans who simply want to watch a good match and enjoy the experience.

“However there are still a very small minority of people intent on causing trouble and it is our intention to do everything within our power to stop them.

“We are pleased to have secured this banning order and hope that this firm action sends a clear message to others who attend football matches that violence, disorder and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.”

The banning order prevents Rambadt from being within the vicinity of Turf Moor for four hours before and after any match kicks off. He must also notify the police if any of his personal details change.

Lancashire Telegraph

BR 1

BR 2

BR 3

BR 4

Simon Badham received a three-year football banning order.

Simon Badham received a three-year football banning order.

A SOUTH Tyneside football yob described as a “genuinely decent member of society” has been slapped with a banning order after a violent clash between rival fans.

Simon Badham avoided jail after admitting violent disorder following a mass street brawl between Sunderland and West Ham supporters.

The 21-year-old, from Frobisher Street, Hebburn, was sentenced to six months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with 250 hours’ unpaid work. He was also given a three-year banning order.

Badham was one of four men to appear at Newcastle Crown Court yesterday to be sentenced over the violence, which erupted outside Revolution bar in Sunderland on January 12.

Judge Jeremy Freedman said Badham is usually a “genuinely decent member of society”.

Also sentenced was Kevin Bilton, 51, of Lambton Drive, Hetton, who admitted violent disorder and was sentenced to four months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with 100 hours of unpaid work.

Sean Herron, 19, of Hogarth Drive, Columbia, Washington, who handed in a stash of testimonials to his usually positive character, was sentenced to six months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with 250 hours of unpaid work.

Shaun Baker, 29, of Gainsborough Square, Sunderland, was sentenced to four months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years with £500 costs.

All pleaded guilty to violent disorder and were given three-year football banning orders.

Judge Freedman said he accepted the men were ashamed of what they had done, and accepted none of them had been involved in the organising of the brawl by the Sunderland Youth Firm and rival supporters.

Shields Gazette

An English Defence League supporter from Rugeley has been banned from all licensed premises after a judge saw a recording of violence after the group he was in was turned away from a pub.

Ross Gilbert was the seventh man to be dealt with at Warwick Crown Court following a clash between EDL supporters and customers at the George Eliot pub in Bridge Street, Nuneaton.

He and the other six had all pleaded guilty to a charge of violent disorder following the incident which took place almost four years ago in February 2011.

Gilbert, aged 28, of William Morris Court, Rugeley, was sentenced to eight months in prison suspended for 12 months and ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid work.

Judge Andrew Lockhart QC also imposed an exclusion order banning him from all public houses and restaurants where alcohol is served for three months.

He told Gilbert, who was given a football banning order last month because of drunken behaviour at the Hawthorns in December, he had escaped custody ‘by a hair’s breadth.’

Prosecutor Lisa Hancox said a group of EDL supporters, including Gilbert, had been to Luton for a demonstration and had to change trains in Nuneaton on their way back to Staffordshire. Several of them took the opportunity to head into the town centre for a drink, and after going to a kebab shop they headed to the George Eliot.

On the way one of the group was captured by a CCTV camera stopping to put on a cross of St George face mask before they congregated outside the pub where they were refused entry. There was a stand-off during which a drinker came out of the pub and confronted the masked EDL supporter, at which point Gilbert threw a punch at him.

And Judge Lockhart, watching a CCTV recording observed: “He was the first to use physical violence.”

Gilbert, representing himself, said: “I feel ashamed. It was four years ago. I was younger, stupid. I’ve moved on in my life.”

Express & Star

Lee Cousins

Lee Cousins

ONE football fan has been jailed and four others involved in trouble at the Bristol derby given suspended prison sentences.

Footage of ugly scenes in and around Ashton Gate stadium on the night of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy match between City and Rovers last September was shown to a judge at Bristol Crown Court as the five men were sentenced after all pleading guilty to a violent disorder charge.

They were: James Bagnall, 25, of Shickle Grove, Bath; Lee Cousins, 41, of Soundwell Road, Kingswood; Thomas Burke, 21, of Bredon, Yate; Alexander Parsons, 21, of Walnut Close, Coalpit Heath; Jordan Lloyd, 22, of Filton Avenue, Filton.

Sam Jones, prosecuting, said yesterday: “The violence and public disorder on display that evening was among the worst that the Avon and Somerset Constabulary have ever had to police.”

He said provocation started before the match, when City fans congregated at the Miner’s Arms pub in Bedminster and Rovers fans used the Cross Hands pub, a short distance away, with trouble erupting before kick-off on Trafalgar Terrace, close to Ashton Gate.

Inside the stadium there was further trouble when rival fans infiltrated each other’s seating areas, missiles were thrown and the pitch invaded.

After the game there was large-scale disorder in Winterstoke Road.

The judge was guided through CCTV clips highlighting each defendant’s involvement.

Bagnall was filmed using and threatening unlawful violence in a car park before the game, as well as kicking a woman police officer as she was hit in the face by another fan. He was also shown ripping out a seat in the stadium and throwing it into City fans who had invaded the pitch.

Cousins, who was said to be on the police radar as a member of a risk group, was captured on film opening an emergency gate in the stadium, which contributed to a crowd surge.

Burke was filmed in the Wedlock Stand, involving himself in disorder.

Parsons was filmed verbally abusing police before the game and pushing police in the stadium.

Lloyd told a police officer where he could shove his camera, the court heard, and was filmed pushing other fans and police in the stadium.

Mitigating, Thomas Horder said of stonemason and sportsman Bagnall: “He describes his own behaviour as appalling. He wishes to express profound remorse and apologies to the woman police officer.”

He added that Cousins was also ashamed of what he had done.

Alison Gurden, for Burke and Parsons, said “very embarrassed” Burke was a youth football coach who admitted pushing and shoving.

She said of Parsons, a Rovers fan from the age of three: “He feels he has let himself down and he’s let his family down.”

Darren Burleigh, defending Lloyd, said his client kicked out towards police some distance away.

Judge Graham Hume Jones jailed Bagnall for two-and-a-half years, with a six-year Football Banning Order (FBO). Cousins was given a two-year suspended sentence, a five year FBO and told to do 300 hours’ unpaid work. Burke received a 15-month suspended sentence, with 200 hours’ unpaid work and a three-year FBO.

Parsons received a 16-month suspended sentence, with 200 hours’ unpaid work and a three-year FBO.

Lloyd received an 18-month suspended sentence with 200 hours’ unpaid work and a three-year FBO.

The judge told the men: “There was overall violent disorder to decent football fans, the elderly, young, very young and the disabled, and to the police trying to do their job of protecting the public and keeping the peace.”

Bristol Post

Lee Cousins is an active supporter of the English Defence League and was found guilty of racially/religiously aggravated harassment last year. You can read more here

FOOTBALL hooligan Jeff Marsh has been banned from football grounds for five years after admitting affray.

The 44-year-old Cardiff City supporter was found in possession of a knuckleduster when he was arrested for affray outside the Ninian Park pub in Canton, Cardiff, last June.

The self-proclaimed hooligan, who has written two books about his exploits with the city’s infamous Soul Crew and is one of the organisers of the Welsh Defence League, was fighting with Celtic fans after the inaugural match between the teams at Cardiff’s new stadium.

Marsh, from Barry, admitted affray and possession of an offensive weapon at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court in January and was sentenced yesterday.

He was given a four-month suspended jail term, 150 hours’ community service and ordered to pay £600 costs.

He was given a full five-year football banning order that will prevent him attending any football matches for five years.

Detective Constable Simon Chivers, of the Football Intelligence Unit, who arrested Marsh last summer, said: “Jeff Marsh is a convicted football hooligan.

“Behaviour such as he exhibited on the night will not be tolerated by Cardiff City or the police and anyone indulging in that sort of behaviour will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law, prosecuted and banned.”

It is Marsh’s first football banning order as his previous convictions for football violence came before the 1990 Football Disorder Act which introduced the banning orders.

In 1989 he was convicted of grievous bodily harm for stabbing two Manchester United supporters in Cardiff and was jailed for two years. In 1986 he was also convicted of a football-related assault in Halifax.

Marsh is an organiser of the English and Welsh Defence Leagues which describe themselves as “a ready-made army” against Muslim fundamentalists.

There have been riots and arrests in English cities, including Birmingham and Luton, which have led to scores of arrests after the group has clashed with anti-fascist campaigners. There have also been marches in Wrexham and Swansea.

The groups have been described as “divisive” and “hate-based” by Plaid Cymru AM Leanne Wood.

Wales Online

From 2010

ELEVEN Lincoln City football fans who clashed with Luton Town fans have been sentenced for violent disorder charges at Lincoln Magistrates Court today.

The Lincoln fans pleaded guilty to the charges, which relate to a violent clash in a Lincoln pub before Lincoln City’s home game against Luton Town in October last year.

The violence started in The Ritz pub, before spilling out into High Street and Firth Road.

Furniture and glasses were thrown and two women were treated in hospital for minor injuries.

The below 12 defendants pleaded guilty to violent disorder at earlier hearings:

Nathan Luke Ashmore (33), of St Catherine’s Grove, Lincoln – 3 years prison

Tomas Samways (20), of Jenson Road, Bracebridge Heath – 2 years 4 months young offenders institute

Lee Anthony Oliver Swain (26), of Walnut Place, Lincoln – 3 years prison

Daniel Oliver White (20), of St Johns Road, Bracebridge Heath – 2 years 4 months young offenders institute

Marcus Johnathan Greatorex (22), of Geneva Avenue, Lincoln – 2 years 8 month prison

Phillip Neil Adams (36), of Prior Street, Lincoln – 3 years prison

Callum Busby (19), of De Wint Avenue, Lincoln – 2 years 8 months prison

Ashley Evans (22), of Picton Street, Lincoln – 3 years prison

Andrew John Deans (27), Clipstone Village, Mansfield – 3 years prison

Jake Sinclair (26), of Vernon Street, Lincoln – 2 years 8 months prison

Liam Wiggins (18), of Chester Road, Birkinhead – 2 years 1 month young offenders institute

Josh Atter (18), of Matlock Drive, North Hykeham – 18 months detention and training order

All defendents were given a ten-year football banning order.

DI Suzanne Davies, from Lincolnshire Police, said: “This was a protracted police investigation that went to great lengths to track down every single offender involved in the violence on that day.

“Its success was largely down to the tenacity and professionalism of PC Andy Pearson.

“All of these offenders are thugs who masquerade as football fans.

“ give decent, law abiding home and visiting fans a bad name and they have rightfully been brought to justice.

“We hope our investigation and the subsequent convictions and sentences send out a very clear message to offenders in Lincoln and those visiting to cause trouble.

“We will arrest you and put you before the courts.”

Luton & Dunstable Express

MEMBERS of the public were forced to cower as football yobs from a gang known as the Sunderland Youth Firm clashed with rival fans in the city centre.

CCTV footage of the organised mass brawl, outside the Revolution bar in Low Row, shows punches and kicks being thrown while bottles were being broken, leaving the pavements covered in shards of glass.

One witness told police they felt “sick to the stomach” by what they saw that day.

Troublemakers then boasted about the violence with West Ham fans, via social networking sites and text messages.

Videos of the fight were also posted on video-sharing website YouTube.

Newcastle Crown Court heard members of the public looked on in fear and were worried for the safety of their children, when the afternoon trouble broke out ahead of the match on January 12.

The yobs were spared jail, but handed football banning orders for three years.

Judge Jeremy Freedman told them: “Football is a source of pleasure to literally millions of people.

“What football hooliganism of the type you engaged in does, is besmirch the good name of football and deter people from going to matches, particularly parents who want to take young children, lest they get caught up in scenes of violence.

“Members of the public can reasonably expect to enjoy the amenities of the town centre without being exposed to this kind of frightening activity.”

Prosecutor Robert Adams told the court the violence itself lasted only about three minutes, by which time police arrived. Mobile phones were seized when the gang was arrested.

Nobody reported any serious injury.

Mr Adams told the court: “It is the Crown’s case that all of the defendants were involved, to some extent in any event, with an organisation self-named the Sunderland Youth Firm.”

Mr Adams said the seized mobile phones showed a series of text message exchanges and boasts on social networking sites both before and after the trouble.

One message said: “Anyone who comes to our city doesn’t leave without a good clip.” Another message, relating to a future game, said: “What are they going to do? Get punched from one end of Sunderland to the other.”

As well as the written messages, the court heard the phones contained pictures and videos of the violence that day.

One of the men declared he “loves football hooliganism” on his Twitter biography.

The court heard the men are not heavily convicted and come from respectable backgrounds.

Defence barrister Christopher Knox said: “The reality is, as soon as the police arrived, everybody ran away.”

Sunderland Chief Superintendent Kay Blyth, said: “There is no place for violence at football matches and we will always do everything possible to make sure those suspected of being involved are traced and put before the courts.”

Football hooligans named and shamed

Lewis Dodsworth, 19, of Bowburn Avenue, Wear View, was sentenced to eight months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with 250 hours’ unpaid work.

Bradley Dixon, 19, of Patton Road, Plains Farm, was sentenced to six months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with £1,000 costs.

Thomas Kelly, 19, of Eighth Avenue, Chester-le-Street, was sentenced to eight months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with supervision and 250 hours’ unpaid work.

Former EDL member Anthony Smith, 26, of Purvis Terrace, Trimdon, who claimed to love hooliganism on his Twitter page, was sentenced to eight months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with supervision and 250 hours’ unpaid work.

Connor McCoy, 21, of Perth Avenue, Jarrow, was sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with 250 hours’ unpaid work and 12 months supervision.

Paratrooper Jamie Phenny, 21, of The Spinney, Bridgend, was sentenced to six months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with £1,000 costs.

Christopher Webb, 24, of East Herrington, Sunderland, was sentenced to eight months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, with supervision and an alcohol treatment programme.

All pleaded guilty to a charge of violent disorder at an earlier hearing.

Sunderland Echo