Tag Archives: nazi salute

Marek Zakrocki gave Nazi salute and shouted ‘white power’ before attack outside Harrow restaurant, Old Bailey hears

A Britain First supporter gave a Nazi salute and shouted “white power” before driving at a curry house owner during a drunken rampage, a court has heard.

Marek Zakrocki, 48, vented his anti-Muslim rage before the attack outside the Spicy Night restaurant in Alexandra Parade in Harrow, north-west London, on the anniversary of the Brexit vote on 23 June.

He was heard to say: “I’m going to kill a Muslim. I’m doing it for Britain. This is how I’m going to help the country. You people cannot do anything.”

The Old Bailey heard that the Polish-born window fitter then used his white van as a weapon against Kamal Ahmed and mounted the pavement twice. He was driving at 5mph and was in effect trying to pin Ahmed against the front of the restaurant window, which smashed.

Following his arrest by armed officers, police found a Nazi coin in Zakrocki’s pocket and a number of Britain First flyers and newspapers at his home in Harrow.

At the Old Bailey on Monday, Zakrocki pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and beating his wife. Further charges of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and having a knife in Northolt Road, Harrow, were ordered to lie on file.

The prosecutor Denis Barry said: “Mr Zakrocki had plainly, during the course of that afternoon, had far too much to drink. During the course of that evening he assaulted his wife, drove off in his work vehicle, insulted a series of passersby and then drove his vehicle at the owner of a curry house, breaking the window of the curry house.

“It’s plain that his conduct is very likely to have been motivated by his views about our diverse society.”

Barry said Zakrocki had been “fixated” by Muslims and had made donations to Britain First in the past.

Because of the increased state of alert at the time of the incident, armed police arrested Zakrocki in a “hard stop”.

Barry said the defendant appeared to have a history of depressive illness and alcohol problems.

Earlier on June 23, he had grabbed his wife Ewa Zakrocka’s arm and threatened to “kill people” and then kill himself.

The prosecutor said Zakrocki made a Nazi salute, pushed an unknown Asian man and shouted “white power, white power” before ending up outside Spicy Night restaurant blocking the road with his van.

Following an altercation in the street, the defendant started the engine and twice aimed the vehicle at Ahmed, the court heard.

Barry said: “Because of the time that all this took place, the police took what had happened particularly seriously and there was a hard stop by armed police officers.”
He told the court that Britain First, formed by members of the BNP, was anti-Muslim and held views that were regarded by most people as “very extreme indeed”.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC remanded the defendant into custody to be sentenced on January 12. He ordered a report but warned he was considering a jail sentence.

The Guardian


A violent protester who was filmed giving the Nazi salute has been jailed.

Andrew Broadbent, 44, of St Mary’s Walk in Bridlington, Yorkshire, was filmed fighting, throwing objects and hitting a man with a stick during the disorder on Saturday January 30.

Broadbent’s image was circulated to other police forces, which led to his arrest at the end of July.

He was also caught on camera giving a Nazi salute.

He was subsequently charged with violent disorder, which he admitted prior to his sentencing hearing at Canterbury Crown Court on Friday October 21.

Divisional commander Chief Superintendent Andrea Bishop of Kent Police said: ‘This is another positive outcome for everyone affected by the disorder created by Andrew Broadbent and the many others who have also been sentenced for offences committed on the day of the protests.

“The behaviour on display was totally unacceptable and it is pleasing to see the courts imposing prison terms in response.

‘I hope this acts as a powerful deterrent to anyone considering causing trouble at any future protests in Kent.’

Kent Live

Vile John Hennigan also banged on the glass panel of the dock, performed a Nazi salute and twice shouted “Sieg Heil” before starting to sing “Jews gas them all”

A judge stunned a courtroom by using the C-word as she jailed a racist thug.

Vile John Hennigan, 50, was being sentenced by Judge Patricia Lynch QC when he told her she was “a bit of a c***”

But, taking no prisoners, the judge immediately retorted: “You are a bit of a c*** yourself. Being offensive to me doesn’t help.”

Hennigan shouted back: “Go f*** yourself.”

“You too,” replied the judge

The court heard Hennigan has 23 convictions for 47 offences, many of them involving Nazi salutes and racist incidents

The court heard Hennigan has 23 convictions for 47 offences, many of them involving Nazi salutes and racist incidents

The court heard Hennigan has 23 convictions for 47 offences, many of them involving Nazi salutes and racist incidents

Judge Lynch dropped the C-bomb as she jailed Hennigan for 18 months for insulting a black Caribbean mother.

He told Tanisha Ford: “I don’t agree with inter-racial relationships. I like natural” later adding: “I prefer white children”.

The court heard Hennigan has 23 convictions for 47 offences, many of them involving Nazi salutes and racist incidents.

The latest offence, committed in his hometown of Harlow, Essex, was his ninth breach of an ASBO banning him from acting in an anti social way or using racist language.

In October 2012 he was seen performing a Nazi salute in a central London pub and calling black people vile racial slurs.

Describing Tanisha’s reaction to Hennigan’s racist outburst, Prosecutor Lynne Shirley said: “She was shocked and surprised.

“The incident made her feel very upset, hurt, out of place and distressed. She was alarmed her children had to listen to the comments.”

While sentencing Hennigan at Chelmsford Crown Court on Tuesday, Judge Lynch told him: “Your offence is thoroughly unpleasant and repeated breaches of this order using the most unpleasant of language and causing distress.

“It’s said custody would be distressing for you but it seems you never learn.

“This is the ninth time you have breached this order, the same offensive, racist comments and you don’t deserve another chance.”

It was at this point that Hennigan began talking directly to the judge and swearing at her.

Following their c-word exchange Hennigan banged on the glass panel of the dock, performed a Nazi salute and twice shouted “Sieg Heil” before starting to sing “Jews gas them all….”

Judge Lynch, still speaking in a measured tone, commented: “We are all really impressed. Take him down.”

It isn’t the first time the judge has been in the limelight.

Last year, Judge Lynch apologised for not jailing a pervert pensioner who abused teenage girls.

She spoke out after Michael Taylor admitted sexually assaulting two youngsters at Mistley Place Park animal sanctuary.

The 75-year-old groomed, kissed and groped the two girls, forcing kisses on them and touching one teen’s breasts.

Taylor admitted the sickening acts and was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court however he avoided jail after Judge Lynch said her hands were tied by strict sentencing guidelines.

She told the victims and their families she wanted to pass a longer than minimum prison term, possibly suspended but due to the guidelines she could only pass down a 36-month community order.
Daily Mirror


The Right-Wing protester who launched a tirade at a judge in a Dover riot case last week returned to court today… and apologised!

Dad-of-six Mark Pearson had screamed and shouted after appearing by prison video link from his native North East.

Eventually, after being told to keep quiet, the judge pressed the “mute” TV button and the case continued in silence, with Pearson gesticulating wildly.

Today, the 43-year-old sat quietly in the room in Durham Prison to tell Judge Adele Williams: “Your Honour, I do apologise and I am very sorry for the way I went on the other day. I was totally out of order. I shouldn’t have been the way I did (sic)”

But the contrite apology didn’t prevent the judge from jailing him for two years after he admitted violent disorder.

Prosecutor Paul Valder told Canterbury Crown Court how Pearson travelled from his home in Pelton, near Chester le Street, to join a right-wing protest in support of lorry drivers in Dover.

At 3.05pm, Pearson, wearing a camouflage flak jacket and bearing St George flags was caught on camera in Castle Street at the head of a group.

Left-wing thugs then began pelting the group with missiles “which rained down on them”, one of which hit Pearson on the head.

Mr Valder said he is then seen picking up the missile before “suddenly “ running towards the police lines and hurling it back over their heads towards the left-wing protesters.

The court heard that as the rival groups clashed, the left-wing protesters began chanting “Nazi scum” and Pearson with 20 to 30 others then gave a Nazi salute while shouting “Sieg Heil”.

Pearson has a criminal record with more than 80 convictions including eight for public order offences, one of which was racially aggravated.

But his barrister Alexia Zimbler said he denies being a member of any right-wing group, including the English Defence League or the National Front.

She said Pearson had made the 330 mile trip with his 23 year old daughter to support the lorry drivers and was angry that the police weren’t doing more to protect them from the left wing protesters.

“He doesn’t accept that he is a racist and says his views aren’t too right wing.

“But he accepts he lost his temper when the left wingers started shouting “Nazi scum” and reacted accordingly.

Judge Williams told him: “Your behaviour that day was wholly unacceptable. This was serious public disorder on the streets of Dover.”

Kent Today

A football hooligan who performed a Nazi salute and unveiled an English Defence League flag has been banned from football matches.

Lincoln City supporter Peter Briggs, 19, was associated with several violent flare-ups at football matches between 2009 and February this year.

He appeared at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, April 5, where Lincolnshire Police applied for a civil banning order against him.

The court heard Briggs was involved in clashes at Grimsby Town, Notts County and in Lincoln High Street when on July 24, 2010, the Imps played Celtic. Five people were taken to hospital and 27 people arrested.

During a match against Stockport on January 22 last year, bottles, glasses and chairs were used in a pub when the rival clubs clashed.

Lincolnshire Police solicitor Daniel Richardson told the court: “Briggs unveiled a flag with Lincoln City Youth, EDL, No Surrender, printed on it.

“On May 7 last year Lincoln City lost to Aldershot, relegating the Imps from the Football League. People invaded the pitch and Briggs was one of those.”

The court heard that some of Briggs’s close associates were arrested following disorder at a game at Alfreton, where a security fence was torn down.

Mr Richardson went on to describe various exhibits, including CCTV and pictures of Briggs with the ‘Lincoln risk group’ with people performing a Nazi salute.

Briggs, of Bentley Drive, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, who was not represented by a solicitor, did not seek to contest the evidence.

Magistrates banned him from attending any football ground or any regulated UK matches in the UK for three years.

Briggs will also have to surrender his passport so he cannot go to any games being played outside the UK.

He cannot be in the Sincil Bank area during the two hours before and after any games. He cannot be within a five-mile radius of any England games.

If Lincoln are playing away, Briggs cannot use trains without permission from the British Transport Police.

Once two thirds of the order is completed, Briggs can apply to the court to consider shortening it.

It is usual to ban someone from football games in criminal proceedings.

But after the disorder of the European Championships in 2000, changes were made allowing police to apply for civil banning orders.

They can be applied to anyone who has caused, or been involved in violence at football matches in the UK or any other country.

It is seen as a preventative measure and police in Lincoln say it is working.

Football intelligence officer Andy Pearson said after the hearing: “We haven’t done our end of season statistics yet but we’ve been doing this operation for two years now and last season we reduced disorder by 58 per cent both at home and away.”

This is Lincolnshire