The final man out of a group of seven far right sympathisers who beat up anti-fascist demonstrators in Liverpool was jailed after failing to turn up at his original hearing.
Nathan Smith, 21, was jailed for 14 months after admitting violent disorder and given an extra month for breaching his bail conditions.
On Thursday six men, said to be members or sympathisers of far right groups including the British National Party (BNP), were jailed for between nine and 17 months after they attacked a group of people headed for a benefit gig at News From Nowhere on Bold Street in July 2012.
Smith, of North Road, St Helens, failed to attend and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Police picked him up at his home later that evening.
Patrick McLoughlin, defending, told the court that he had got his dates mixed up despite his mum being present at court on the right day.
He said Smith, an almost-qualified central heating engineer, originally from Huyton, had found his life going in a “reverse direction” after his parents split up and found support in the “family of the BNP”.
Smith was one of the men in the thick of the fighting which crashed into cafe Tabac on Bold Street on July 6 last year and was caught on camera punching and kicking at least two victims, one of whom was on the floor.
Judge Robert Trevor Jones, said: “The violence that was accepted yesterday when I sentenced your co-accused was unplanned but of course it was always going to be a volatile situation with a confrontation between two groups with opposing views.”
He added that Smith was “fairly and squarely” involved in the fighting.